Friday, August 30, 2013

Rushing fall into existence.

I posted this on Instagram earlier today. I was just really excited about my drink.

This morning, the conversation with a barista at "my" Starbucks went a little something like this:

Me: Hey! When can I get a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Barista: (whispers) Do you want one right now?
Me: Uh, DUH.
Later, while I'm waiting for my drink -
Barista: (to the next customer) I'm sorry! Pumpkin Spice Lattes are not back until September 3rd.

I hate that a fellow PSL lover was denied the outrageously delicious Autumn drink, but then I realized that it pays off to be a "regular" at a certain location. Not only that, but I almost always go at the same time on Fridays and on Sundays. The same people are always working. It pays off, I tell ya!

But that's not the point of this post.

Everyone is getting real jazzed about fall. The weather, the clothes, the hot drinks. (Imagine! Not having to get an iced latte just because you'd probably have a heat stroke if you drank a hot coffee while walking around outside during the day!)
And I'm not one to deny my love of fall. I mean, it's August, it's currently 90 degrees outside, and I got a Pumpkin Spice Latte today, just because I could. And because I like to pretend that while I drink my (iced) PSL, listen to my overly pretentious acoustic music that it's a nice 60 degree day. I fooled myself so much into those thoughts today that I almost put a scarf on before walking out the door! If that's not getting excited about a season before the previous one is even over yet, I don't know what is.

But I'm a little sad. Summer has gone by in the blink of an eye and I've barely done anything remotely summer-y, with the exception of going to the beach, of course. And part of me, with the wedding approaching much faster than I'd like to admit, wants to hold onto every last bit of summer that I can, even if only to pretend that I have longer to prepare for this huge party I'm throwing at the end of September. But it's not like summer is actually going away... my dad checked the weather and it's supposed to be something like 80 degrees on the wedding day. Also, thunderstorms. *Commence freak out sesh*
(But really, I'm not that sad at all. GIVE ME ALL THE PUMPKIN THINGS ASAP.)

Also, side note: Is it wrong for me to admit that I legitimately hate the taste of pumpkin related food items? I'll drink a PSL, because it tastes like fall (you know what I mean. Right?). And I'll eat pumpkin pie because, duh, who passes up a slice of any kind of pie?

And now, I'll get back to sorting through all my sweaters like a total weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment