Saturday, July 13, 2013

Vacation, part two.

Just a few snapshots from the last half of my trip to Florida. It's been a wonderful week! 
So basically, the two pictures above look like the same photo, but I promise it's not. ;)
The past few days have flown by, but that's always the case with vacations, am I right? For as long as I can remember (which doesn't say much, because my memory doesn't go too far back), my family has been coming to the Destin/Seacrest area every summer. I always enjoy my time here, but this time seemed so much more relaxed and way more fun. Maybe I really needed a vacation?
Yesterday, Blake and I spent some part of the afternoon in Seaside, FL, which is where the bulk of the film The Truman Show was filmed. In case you didn't know, The Truman Show is one of my favorite movies EVER. I don't know why, but I stinking live for this movie (for the record, I think my dad instilled this love in me. Same goes for the Hubble Telescope, as referenced in my July 4th post). I always venture over to "The Truman House," but I've never stopped to take pictures. So.... I had Blake get out of the car and creepily take photos of the house. I do believe that the family that owns the place were actually in the house because their car was parked out front. So I think we've officially earned creep status.
Also! We went to a fun record/book shop (where we snagged The Great Gatsby soundtrack on vinyl!), while we were checking out, the guy working asked where we were from. When we said we are from Springfield, MO, he was like, "no way! I'm from Joplin!" He told us that after the Joplin tornado two years ago, his family lost pretty much everything. So they made the decision to pack up what they had and move to the Seaside area. He said that they had vacationed there every summer, and it was an area that they really loved, so it made sense to move there. It was weird having such a "close" connection to someone that's 13 hours away from where I live!
Anyway - I hope your week was a great one. I am blessed to have such a tight knit family, that loves spending time together like we have this past week. I loved being away and having this time to relax... but I am SO happy to be heading home (as we speak!). Can't wait to sleep in my own bed!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love Florida! It's where I've lived my whole life, not sure I could do without its beaches.
    Glad you're enjoying your vaca- looks like lots of fun!!
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like reading in the sun. Love the focus pictures.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty sure I can only start and finish a book if I'm in Florida. That's kind of sad... ;)

      Delete