Friday, July 26, 2013

A Newlywed Home

Last October, I moved in with the family I work for, since my lease was ending, and the nanny apartment was about to open up. I took that opportunity to live here, save some money (and holy cow, I've saved a ton by not having to drive to work every day!), and not have to get up at 5:30 in the morning on work days. 
Before moving into the nanny apartment, I lived in a loft apartment in downtown Springfield and LOVED it. I realize now that after living there, I've been completely spoiled with apartment living. It was seriously the greatest apartment a girl could ask for, and not to mention affordable (I am a poor college gal, after all). 

Last week, Blake and I looked a few apartments in the same downtown area, but were left less than impressed with some. We were told that there was an apartment on Historic Walnut Street opening up soon, and while we couldn't quite take a look at it yet, we could put a deposit on it. 
So what did we do? We put that deposit down, of course!

In the midst of explaining the situation to others, it sounded really, extremely dumb. 
Oh, yeah... we put a deposit down on an apartment we haven't seen yet! 
Totally smart, right?
WELL. This week, we were able to take a look at it, and holy wow, what a good idea it was to put that deposit on the space! I'm still dreaming about it!

While it definitely has the generic apartment touches to it (bland wall colors, bland carpet, all white appliances), it also has a fireplace (!!!) (a non working fireplace, but still - MANTLE TO DECORATE!), and every doorway has pocket doors. I don't know about you, but I've been obsessed with pocket doors for about 15 years now. Every house needs pocket doors, you guys!
The living room is HUGE, as well as the kitchen. And the only downside is that the only bathroom is in the bedroom. But you know what? I can deal. I just have to keep our bedroom real clean when guests come over. I can do it (I think). 

I'm just so excited. Now that we have an apartment, and Blake will be moving in soon, it's all becoming so real that, hey, we are getting married. And geez, I'm gonna be living with someone soon. And not just someone... I'm going to be living with my husband. Is that weird, or is that weird? 

So, excuse me while I go stalk Pinterest for mantle decoration ideas... 

2 comments:

  1. It is a weird feeling, isnt it?! Alec and I just moved into our first apartment this year and blah blah blah this is way too much to put into a comment, but I think we are going through a lot of the same stuff so I will email it to you! Cuz thats what girls do, right? They chat about life and all that.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I'm so dang excited for you two! The apartment sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete