Saturday, February 16, 2013

As of late...

Last night on Instagram, I posted a piece of scripture that I had been really praying over and thinking about a lot. I don't know what it was, maybe not seeing Blake at all yesterday, or what, but I felt extremely down about my friendships. I have the greatest relationships in my life. All serve a specific purpose and were placed in my life for a reason; I seriously wouldn't trade these friendships for anything in the world. But these verses have me thinking:

"Do a favor and win a friend forever; nothing can untie that bond. 
Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach; 
good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest." 
Proverbs 18:19-20

I started thinking about the friendships I have, how grateful I am for them, and then I realized - two of my best friends live 3+ hours away (sure, it's not a far distance, but it's still enough to be annoying). The other two are either busy when I'm free, or free when I'm busy. Recently it really has been getting the best of me. There just comes a point where you just want to call up your BFF and ask them out to dinner (which I have, and never fails: someone is busy). I know I have Blake, but sometimes you just need a good girlfriend to meet up with every so often and just chat with. There are just some things you don't want to talk about with your fiance, am I right?!

I don't know - I've just felt super bummed about this predicament, if that's what it even is. I haven't felt challenged spiritually lately; things have just been so-so, and that's not what I want my relationship with Christ to be like. I'm in need of some major encouragement. 

On a lighter note, I posted about this on Facebook as well, and I was so surprised to see a ton of girls reply that they want to hang out (some my age, some a bit older, some my mom's age... haha!), but one reply beat them all: my pal Breigh Jusino wins it all for saying, "I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE." 
Some people just really get me, you know? #highfivetoyoubreigh
:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment