Sunday, October 28, 2012

That one time I went to a Justin Bieber concert...

Last night, my dreams came true and I was in the same room as Justin Bieber.
We were sitting veeeeery high up, but it was fun none the less.
He had angel wings (literally) and he came out without a shirt on at the end. I'm telling you, dreams came true! He performed some great songs (not all of my favorites, but that's a-okay), he danced the heck out of each song, and he proved that he is completely talented.
But I left feeling less than impressed.

When I saw Never Say Never, I was seriously fawning over him going, "omg, this is magic slash he is so inspirations slash I respect this kid," and after the concert, my reaction was more like, "I just don't know slash he's so beautiful slash he knows it, so that makes him cocky."
I'm just not so sure. Breigh and I both left feeling like we were less of fans than we were going into it.

BUT I had a fantastic time... I danced and sang along. Carly Rae Jepson was phenom. Even though I'm pretty sure I hate her music. And HOLY CRAP Cody Simpson has beautiful hair (I would know because we were standing outside waiting and his car pulled up and he rolled down his window and I saw his hair up close and personal. It was amazing. I don't even know who he is, really).

So there's that.

Tonight is so mellow. I'm choosing to watch 500 Days of Summer and make some dinner and just hang out (Blake is out of town, so I'm on my own tonight. Holla! ;) ) on the couch. I *need* to clean my room... but hey. That can wait until tomorrow. :)

Have a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

  1. I follow you on twitter. You said you super don't like the Avett brother, who are VERY talented and have amazing voices/lyrics. But you are 21 and you like Justin bieber and Taylor Swift?? Who have zero talent in writing REAL lyrics.

    You talk more about celebrity boys and how hot and beautiful they are than you do about your own fiancé.
    A lot of women struggle with lust and if you plan on going to school to lead them, then you might want I get a grip and value those things a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much appreciate your comment. I absolutely do not disagree with the "talent" aspect of what you say: I have no doubt that The Avett Brothers have talent. I finally gave them a thorough listen today and their music is just not my cup of tea. And yes - I am 21 years old and I listen to Justin Bieber & Taylor Swift. Are they my absolute favorites? No. Are they *sooo* talented? No. They make fun music. That's all. What's the harm in liking fun music every once in a while? This week I went to two concerts: Justin Bieber and Band of Horses. Sure, Justin Bieber got more attention on my blog and on twitter or whatever, but that's because he's the bigger artist. I won't even lie to you - I enjoyed Band of Horses (who I've seen 3 times now) so much more than I enjoyed being at the JB concert. So much more.

      The fact that I don't talk about my fiance that way anymore is because when I talked about Blake on the blog, people started saying that all I ever talked about was Blake and how I needed to separate myself from him. So I backed off on talking about him and really, he has no problem with this, because he knew what people were saying about our relationship and neither of us liked it.

      I do know that women struggle with lust. It's so extremely common and everyone faces lust every so often. Heck, I do! And I address this with my best friends who help me, just the same I am there for them when they struggle. It's a group effort, and that's exactly how I'll view it going into school and when I eventually take on a job leading women. It's an every day struggle that never goes away.

      Anyways, thank you for your comment and your opinion. I truly do appreciate it.

      Delete