Monday, April 22, 2013

The only song you'll ever need to hear ever again.

For the past 6+ years, my favorite song has been, without a shadow of a doubt, Talk Show Host by Radiohead. I don't know. I heard it for the first time when I watched Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet (which, by the way, I hated The Great Gatsby so much ... SO MUCH... but I am so excited to see his take on it. Sigh. I love movies). ANYWAY.
This specific song was my favorite for years. And years. 

But it's time for Radiohead to take a break. 
Thom Yorke, you and your crazy dancing can step aside, preferably to the number two favorite song position. 

May I present to you, my favorite song. 
At least, for right now. 


A little over a week ago, Blake was listening to this in his car, and I just kinda rolled my eyes and was like, "oh, Blake is listening to his weirdy music again." Then, Friday-ish, I added it to a playlist on Spotify and decided to give it a listen. And, uh, to say I'm obsessed doesn't even cover it.

The only times I remember feeling this *obsessed* with something is when Hunger Games was released.
And that one time when I thought I loved AJ from The Backstreet Boys so much that my insides hurt. I was 7 years old.

I just really feel like all of those years spent on musical theater were preparing me for the ultimate belt-it-out-in-my-car song.  BRB, having a rockstar moment.

Happy Monday!
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment