Monday, December 30, 2013

2 0 1 3 / / 2 0 1 4

 2013, you've been mighty good to us, but my oh my, are we so happy to see you go. I'm excited for what 2014 holds for us! So, here I am bidding my goodbye to a super good year. 
 February was the month of hot pink hair that faded into the most perfect candy colored pastel pink. Oh, how I miss that.
 In addition to two trips to Arkansas to visit friends, Claire visited three times! Once with Abby for a fun girls weekend, and then the other trips were wedding related. I'm so glad that I got to see her so often this year. <3
I did not one, but TWO 5k's this year! I did the Color Run with my mom, mom-in-law and my boss and then did Color Me Rad a few weeks later. I had a blast, but I am NOT a runner and I don't see that changing any time soon! 
Breigh and I went to KC for a night to see Taylor Swift in August! I would hardly consider myself a Taylor Swift fan but geez, she is amazing live. Maybe it had something to do with how much she talks in between (and even during!) songs. She talked a lot about girl feelings. We have that in common.
In August, we signed the lease on our first apartment together. Since then, it's become much more of a home. I'm so happy with where are, and I can see us here for a few more years. And then after that we'll need a bigger place, because babies.
August also marked two years of working for one of the best families I have had the pleasure of knowing. These kids are growing up so fast and it kills me! I mean, Chloe was just shy of turning three when I started working and now, girlfriend is five and starting kindergarten next fall! I'm so in love with these kiddos and it's going to seriously suck when it's time to go. 
And of course, I married the man of my dreams this year. It's been an incredible three months so far. Also, we've been married three months! After 17 terribly slow months of planning, how did these past 3 go by so quickly?!
 We went to Disney this year! I am so grateful for that trip - I am always planning the next trip, though! We are Disney freaks.
I am so, so thankful for all that 2013 has been. It was an insanely easy year, and for that I have been blessed beyond measure. And for all the blessings that I have had this year, I am most grateful for the well being of Breigh. As you may recall, she had her first brain surgery last December and had her second surgery in May. Almost immediately after coming home from her second surgery she started having seizures and had a lengthy hospital stay to get all of that under control. After that, she couldn't drive for a long period of time (nearly 6 months) due to the seizures, and to her, it was as if her independence had been stripped from her. Well, Breigh has now been seizure free for six months and is officially back behind the wheel. ;) I'm so grateful for her life and her friendship. And I'm SO thankful for all of your thoughts and prayers you have spared for her. I can't think of anyone more deserving of all of that love. (Love you forever Breighann!)

See ya later 2013!

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how freaking awful it is to leave those kids. I almost cried at Walmart yesterday when I saw a preemie onesie and thought about how little Jackson was 3.5 years ago when I first got to hold him. Ugh, kills me even now.

    ReplyDelete