Monday, September 24, 2012

Best Friend Fun & Lots of Unnecessary Rambling

            


Colby and I recently spent some (very much needed) best friend time together, and spent our day at Silver Dollar City. In case you don't know what SDC is, I'll just tell you - it's the greatest place ever (besides Disney World, but that's on a whole different level!). SDC is an 1800's themed amusement park. The 1800's! I am not joking - it's the coolest place ever. I gave a speech on the park for my public speaking class last semester because I'm that into it. 
Honestly, the whole place is ultra cheesy, but it's good "fall-ish" fun. Colby and I chose the perfect day to go - there were literally NO people there, and the people that were there were all old, so they weren't riding the roller coasters, so the wait times were super short. We had SO much fun. 
Blake got me a season pass a few months back and I've been itching to use it. Now that the weather is cooling off, I can see many more trips to Silver Dollar City in the future! :) 

In other news, I've been spending my days packing for the move. Moving has been really stressful on me lately (isn't it stressful no matter what?) so I'm thankful for my downtime today to just relax, read junk books (50 Shades..what?) and watch junk tv (I've discovered that the Kardashians and I have the same cups from Target. Also, how is Khloe Kardashian's wedding ring THAT big?). 
I'm in the middle of creating a list of things I want to do while Claire is in town this weekend... I'm getting really excited to have her back in Springfield for a few days! We're going wedding dress shopping on Friday... my nerves are out of control!



No comments:

Post a Comment