Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas at my mama's house

Oh, Christmas.
I'm so happy to be at my parents for Christmas this year! This is my second Christmas living away from my hometown, so each year, I get more and more sentimental about spending the holidays with my family. I don't take this time for granted anymore, that's for sure!

This morning I woke up to the amazing smells of my papa making homemade biscuits and gravy for breakfast (complete with bacon wrapped sausage! Holy yum!) and mom got to unwrap her gift from Santa (a Keurig!) so that we could all have coffee to drink with our breakfast. My grandma + aunt and uncle came over for breakfast as well - it was a good start to the Christmas festivities!
Tonight is for dinner with the family (and my mama's wassail! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it), a candlelight service at church, and hanging out with the family. We have the tradition where we each get to open up one gift on Christmas Eve, and it is almost always new pajamas. A few years back, mom made the mistake of not getting me pajamas... and I'm pretty sure I cried! I felt so silly for getting upset, but she now makes sure that I have new pajamas each year! Love you so much, Mom!

I hope you all are having a good holiday and are getting to spend time with your families! I'll just be here hanging out at the house watching Christmas movies and working on an embroidery piece! I never officially learned how to embroider, so I'm just making it up as I go.. but it's fun!
Enjoy the holiday and have a very merry Christmas!

I think we are going to have a white Christmas here in the Ozarks!
<3

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the loveliest Christmas! Homemade biscuits and gravy really sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete